Our first priority in the workplace is the health and safety of our people; we will never compromise on safety in the pursuit of our goals. Malabar maintains a Safety Management System for our operations. The Safety Management System provides a comprehensive and integrated system to manage, as far as reasonably practicable, all aspects of risks to health and safety. It brings together a number of policies, plans and procedures to provide a systematic approach to achieving and monitoring an effective level of health and safety.
Our focus on health and safety is to:
- Identify, assess, manage and reduce risks so far as reasonable practicable;
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace with appropriate systems that support the work we do;
- Provide training and resources to support the implementation of our Safety Management System;
- Actively monitor, investigate, analyse and report our Health and Safety performance;
- Continually strive to improve both our systems and performance.
In 2020 a range of Risk Assessments were completed to improve and enhance the policies on-site.