Open Door at the Singleton Neighbourhood Centre provides support to those in need in the local Singleton Community. Some of the services they provide include:
- Free use of showers and laundry facilities
- Free continental breakfast
- Free hot meals every Monday to Thursday
- A place for support services to interact with the community
- Free clothing and shoes
- Free hair cuts
- Bread and Fruit & Vegetables
- Street Library with free books for everyone
All meals are prepared and cooked onsite by volunteers. Open Door aims to create a sense of belonging to all members of the local community.
As part of the Malabar Community Sponsorship Program, Open Door was gifted with four new cooking pots and over $200 worth of food and kitchen supplies for their pantry. Open Door is a safe space for anyone to drop in for a coffee and chat.
At Malabar, we recognise the great work that Open Door is doing and are more than happy to help.