Who We Are
Malabar Resources (Malabar) is an independent Australian-owned resources company based in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales.
Malabar wholly owns the following assets:
- The Maxwell Underground Project exploration licence (EL 5460);
- The Spur Hill Underground Project exploration licence (EL 7429);
- The Maxwell Infrastructure site (formally the Drayton Mine and the associated infrastructure);
- The Maxwell Solar Farm with capacity for substantial expansion; and
- The Agricultural properties including the Merton Vineyard.
Malabar has a unique approach to developing our assets and recognises the need to transition to a low carbon economy. This approach is expressed through, employing less intrusive underground mining methods, focusing on metallurgical coal, developing large scale renewable resources, and rehabilitating previously mined areas for sustainable activities including renewables and agriculture.
Our products will include high-quality metallurgical coal, predominantly used to manufacture steel, renewable energy which will feed into the strategically important electricity generation hub of NSW (now officially a designated Renewable Energy Zone (REZ)), and agricultural products.
Malabar is supporting the transition of industries in the Upper Hunter region which has primarily comprised of open cut thermal coal production and coal-fired power generation.