Malabar acquired the Drayton Mine including multiple assets in 2018. This infrastructure, now called "Maxwell Infrastructure" will be used to service the future underground mines. By using the existing infrastructure, Malabar will reduce the impact of its operations on the local community, neighbours and the environment.
Maxwell Infrastructure includes:
- A Coal Handling and Preparation Plant (CHPP) and associated stockpiling areas;
- A train load-out facility and rail loop;
- A vehicular access via Thomas Mitchell Drive;
- Administration buildings, employee amenities and parking facilities;
- Workshops and explosives storage facilities;
- Water management infrastructure, including a waste treatment facility; and
- The old open-cut Drayton Mine currently being rehabilitated.
|Train load-out and CHPP|